1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

Stay away from Tascaparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Rockunlimited2
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stay away from Tascaparts.com

Sorry to make this my first post, I have been lurking fro a while and getting some good pointer. I have developed wind noise and rattling of the pass side door, so I ordered the weather striping from Tascaparts.com on 2/21. They took my money on 2/22 via PayPal, then sent me an email saying they could not find my VIN, I confirmed the VIN on my dash, in the door frame, and on my insurance card. I replied three times with the VIN on three separate emails. They again told me they could not find my VIN and asked if the VIN was a US Vin., they then told me that I needed another part # and it would be $15 more. So if they could not find my VIN; how could they determine I needed a different part ? And why do the diagrams on their site show the exact part and part number that I ordered for the part I need? Stay away from these rip-off-artists. I will be filing a claim with Pay-Pal and posting on every forum I can find. Hopefully I can cost them thousands in parts sales. Again sorry that this was my first post on this site, I will be posting more in the future, I just want to keep other from going through this as well. I learned the hard way, just buy them from the Stealership.

EDIT: MAKE SURE TO READ THE FOLLOW UP POST BELOW.

Last edited by Rockunlimited2; 03-08-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: company stepped up
The following users liked this post:
Old 03-07-2011, 03:39 PM
planehunter
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, and no need to apologize, we're here to help each other.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Icefan71
Elder User
Thanks for the info. I never heard of them, but I know I'll never use them. This is a great sight. I've gotten tons of info here. Welcome

Old 03-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Z06PSI
Senior User
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Ordered Saleen center caps for my rims from them. Long story short the package was taken and they told me I had to order new ones and then put a UPS complaint in and then they would refund. Well UPS finished the claim and then they never refunded my money after numerous calls. I agree with the above assessment.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:52 AM
welfarewagon
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's the first complaint Ive seen from Tasca, not saying what you say is false. I have ordered many items from them with no issues at all.
Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:31 AM
tascajosh
New User
Hello everyone, this is Josh from Tasca. I usually do not reply to things like this but I do not agree with the way this customer is handling things. We are a very reputable company and have been for more than 70 years. Your order was placed on hold because the VIN # provided was incorrect. Now I admit that you replied with the correct VIN # the following day and we honestly did not notice the reply until you brought it to our attention today. 99% of the time a customer will call with the correct VIN # and we will correct the situation. We made a mistake and that happens when you ship out more than 100+ orders per day. We apologize for that and your order is going out today. I just don't agree with the way you went about things. You could have picked up a phone and called us and resolved this instead of doing this.

You will be receiving a call shortly from Matt with your tracking number.

thanks,
Joshua
Tasca Automotive Group
Phone: (800) 915-3141
AIM: tascaparts
TascaParts.com

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-08-2011, 11:38 AM
alloro
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,425 Posts
Originally Posted by tascajosh
I just don't agree with the way you went about things.
You don't...so the customer was wrong? Because the way I see it, his one post here resolved the issue faster (less than 24 hours) than several emails to your company did over a period of almost 2 weeks.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:48 AM
tascajosh
New User
We made a mistake which does happen. The part is going out today via UPS Next Day Air at our cost. Again, I apologize for our mistake.

thanks,
Joshua
Tasca Automotive Group
TascaParts.com

Old 03-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Rockunlimited2
New User
It is true, I received notification today of the item being shipped today. It is possible that Matt is just bad at his job. Josh jumped on this and got it taken care of with a single email. I am willing to give these guys another chance down the road for one reason: they stepped up and said they screwed up and fixed the issue. That in not common with a lot of parts places (I should Know, I used to own a jeep). Thanks Josh for fixing this.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
tascajosh
New User
No problem. That is what I am here for. If anyone needs anything, e-mail me directly at jlaliberte@tasca.com

thanks,
Joshua
Tasca Automotive Group
TascaParts.com

Old 03-09-2011, 01:08 PM
Z06PSI
Senior User
Josh I believe you were the one that I made the initial claim with and talked to you at least twice after that however the next two phone calls fell on def ears there and I never received my money back. I am bugman34 on ebay.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:16 PM
tascajosh
New User
Please e-mail me directly at jlaliberte@tasca.com with your full name and address, order date, phone, etc... I went back as far as I can on Ebay which is December and I cannot find anything for the Ebay username you provided.

Please e-mail me the above requested information and I will figure things out.

thanks,
Joshua
Tasca Automotive Group
Phone: 800-915-3141
TascaParts.com

Old 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Z06PSI
Senior User
Just sent you 4 emails which should be enough to get me refunded including both Paypal payments with no refunds.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Moto Mel
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am surprized to hear of any complaints about Tasca Ford. In fact I haven't heard much about them at all in a number of years. They were very highly regarded years ago in the racing scene with their A/FX and Super Stock racing efforts. If this is the same company I believe they are very reputable and I would not hesitate to buy from them again, especially as Josh has stepped up and apoligized for the problem. It might very well have been a new employee that got things messed up. Anyone who has been a manager of a business knows that new hires take time to train and some take more time than others.
Lets not be too quick to condemn Tasca Ford for a mistake or two but, it is good that this was aired here and quickly taken care of by them. That is the type of results a forum such as this should bring.
Thanks, Rock for bringing it to our attention.

Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 AM
tascajosh
New User
I got all your e-mails and I am looking into it now. I will post a reply shortly with a resolution.

thanks,
Joshua
Tasca Automotive Group
Phone: 800-915-3141
TascaParts.com

Quick Reply: Stay away from Tascaparts.com