Magnesol Filtering & heat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
ttttmaxx
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnesol Filtering & heat?

I tried my second batch of Magnesol treatment over the weekend and thought I would experiment a bit. It was a fairly cold overnight temp. (mid 40's) so thought I would see how filtering out the magnesol would work when bio was at this temp. I ran 2 sock filters, a 5 mic and then 0.5 mic. inside a sock filter adapter head. After approximately 10 gallons my flow was almost zilch. I keep the sock filters at about 10-20psi as they are not inside any sort of housing and my understanding is they dont take much more than that. I then cut the filtering off and heated the rest of the mixture up to around 120 degrees. Needless to say the filtering was 1000 times better. Am I screwing up heating the mixture? I read somewhere that if the mixture was too hot that the magnesol would flow right thru a 1 micron sock? This is a bit scary if true. You guys filtering magnesol, do you heat up your mixture before filtering? if so what temp should I be using? Thanks for all the help with this magnesol. It is a new system for me and just trying to be cautious and get 99% of the magnesl out before sticking it in my tank.....Maxx