2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Update on the 2010 expedition vibration issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 12:48 PM
backdr10
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on the 2010 expedition vibration issue

I know that I said I would not post on here again due to some of the negative post: however, the situation has changed and I would like to know how many people have had the trans issue that I now have. I will post the info sent to the lemon law attorney for you guys to read and maybe someone who believes what I am saying can let me know if they are having similar problems with their trucks. Thanks

Dear Harry
I think that I will have to file Lemon law soon. Here is the story about the vibration issues. As you are already aware, I did have the tires replaced and the vibration continued throught the gas pedal on hard acceleration and the truck was pulling to the left bad. The truck was taken into BillKay 2 months ago for the pulling and vibration and I was told that everything was fine even though I had to pay for new tires. Well I went to Currie Ford near my office in Frankfort and begged them to look at the truck because the service manager did not want to service it. So after getting Ford Corporate on the phone while at the dealer, the service manager at Currie said he would look at the vehicle which now has 5900 miles on it. So after being in the shop 7- 8 times. I am told that the rear wheels were out of alignment and pulling in one direction and the front wheels were also out pulling in another direction and the sterring wheel was also out of its correct position and would account for Strange driving sensation. The dealer also had to relfash/reprogram the transmission because there is a problem with the trans.: hence the other part of the vibration issue along with the bad tires. So I drive the truck home and there is no longer a vibration through the gas pedal on acceleration and the truck is not pulling-instead I put the gas pedal to the floor and the truck goes nowhere. It revs up and slams into gear and takes off. I made it home and now the trans is slipping between 1st and 2nd gear. Every fourth or fifth stop as the truck slows to a stop, I hear a thud and it slips. I did a google search on 2010 ford expedition transmission reflash and found out what has been going on- now I am sick to my stomach. I spoke to Roberto at Currie and first he said the transmission has to relearn how to shift. After I called him back 1/2 hour later and told him that I felt like I got rear ended he said bring the truck back today. I told him that I am an hour away from the dealer and watching my kids today. Let me know what you think This is crazy at what point does this scenario warrant Lemon Law? The entire problem centered around the initial vibration. The problem is multifactoral-I only wish I knew that Ford had problems with the 6 speed auto trans on its expeditions. Please advise.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:51 PM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Just food for thought. Have you run a search on the transmission topic in the 09+ F150 Forum? You might want to...same 6spd tranny in the Expy's as the 09+ F150 trucks. Might be worth a gander and some reading.

Additionally, what you've stated here...
Originally Posted by backdr10
So I drive the truck home and there is no longer a vibration through the gas pedal on acceleration and the truck is not pulling-instead I put the gas pedal to the floor and the truck goes nowhere. It revs up and slams into gear and takes off. I made it home and now the trans is slipping between 1st and 2nd gear. .
...might very well be contributed to the drive by wire lag that the 6spd exhibits. Gone are the days of an actual throttle cable. Everything is now sensors and computers which take a little longer to react.

I wish you well in your search for answers.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:35 AM
function12
More Turbo
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Sound like they did NOT do the reflash correctly. My understanding is if the skip or miss a step the problems get worse. Once my 07 was reflashed twice it was a lot better. No issue in my 2011 yet.
Also, I beleive the lemon law will only kick in if it has been in for the same repair 3 times plus a forth and final time after you have given the dealer written notice. Was the transmission worked on each time it was there?

Old 02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, sounds like bad reflash.