I hate Advancetrac!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 04:00 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by devongarver
LOL ^ never heard that one before!
I think it was used as a derogatory term to describe the mid-70's pickup trucks. At least, it was used on ME a few times to describe my highboy. Which with it's stiff suspension was not in any danger of that.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
mcmadden
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dose it automatical turn off when you are in 4 x 4 drive?

I am looking to buy a new / or used F150 with the Stability Control, AdvanceTrac.
Can someone tell me dose it automatical turn off when you are in 4 x 4 drive?
( I understand that the Tundra automaticl turns it off ).
I want the Stability Control, AdvanceTrac and the 4x4 on at the same time for driving in snow.
I have a Subaru that runs it ( VDC ) while in all-wheel- drive and I like that (it also lets you turn it off ).
Also does anyone know when Ford started puting the Stability Control, AdvanceTrac in the trucks ?
I see some 2007,s without and some 2009,s with.

I would ask a dealer but I have learned that they will tell you whatever you want to hear.

Thanks
Milt

Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
jimlightner
New User
These trucks are amazing. everything works better than I expect it to. And yes if you turn off all the nannies, they slide around corners like a flat tracker. Too cool.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:25 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by mcmadden
I am looking to buy a new / or used F150 with the Stability Control, AdvanceTrac.
Can someone tell me dose it automatical turn off when you are in 4 x 4 drive?
( I understand that the Tundra automaticl turns it off ).
I want the Stability Control, AdvanceTrac and the 4x4 on at the same time for driving in snow.
I have a Subaru that runs it ( VDC ) while in all-wheel- drive and I like that (it also lets you turn it off ).
Also does anyone know when Ford started puting the Stability Control, AdvanceTrac in the trucks ?
I see some 2007,s without and some 2009,s with.

I would ask a dealer but I have learned that they will tell you whatever you want to hear.

Thanks
Milt

No...it will not turn off while in 4x4 mode cruising down the highway. I'm not certain on year it was available in the F150 line...but the 2009 does sound about right.

Good luck...

biz

Old 07-01-2014, 12:11 PM
pioneergunner
New User
My 2011 f150 advancetrac hinders the truck greatly, have turned it off comes back on gets me stuck in snow, if i ever get frostbite i will sue Ford. I pulled the abs fuse, that did it for a while then my brakes started acting weird so i had to put it back in. This is no thing to have on a truck. If people out there need this to drive because they dont know how then they should request it, not stick the rest of us with this bunch of BS! If anyone knows of a program to eliminate this problem i would greatly appreciate it and im sure others as well.. Thanx

Old 07-16-2014, 07:57 AM
Baja Daze
Senior User
Having owned my 2012 for two years now, I never really paid any mind to this advancetrac/traction control thing until reading this thread a couple days ago.

So I decided to turn it off for grins, and I must say I love the way the truck responds with it off. I will never leave it on again. It really drives a whole lot snappier without it.

I always hated what I would describe as a lag or loss-of-power or hesitation when up-shifting from 1-to-2, and now the shifts are a whole lot crisper with constant power through all the upshifts.

I'm sold, advancetrac OFF.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:37 AM
thompson615
New User
Gee thanks advance trak

Yay! I got a new Exped EL! Driving down to my favorite fishing spot - yes, it's gonna get a little hairy on the way in, no worries, I've got the new Exped in 4H & I mashed the button that turns off the anti slip. I saw the little symbol & it's showing off - YAY! Ive driven all over my land in my 2000 exped & never had a problem, but just as my new Eped starts into the mud hole, the "skidmarks" show up on my dash. QUICK! mash that button again, I know I turned this thing off, why isn't it off! I can feel that I've just lost power & I know what's gonna happen if I don't have the power to get it on through this hole...... and yes, it happened. Stuck! Stuck! Really Stuck!

Gee thanks advance trak. Apparently, it just turns itself back on when it detects that my wheels are slipping. Hell, I know they're slipping, that's why I turned the thing off before I got started. I now HATE my new truck bc I can't drive it freaking anywhere!! The damn thing won't even let me go up my gravel hill of a driveway. I NEED the power to get up there, especially if it's rained. NOPE, I'm sitting at the bottom of my hill beating on that stupid button that's SUPPOSED to turn this thing off.
SO, I talk to my Ford dealer, tell him my issue - ask if they can just remove this feature. Nope. What do you mean nope! Well it's part of the electronics system & we can't remove it....Can I just have my old 2000 Exped back! Nope, it's gone. Well, I hate this truck! I gave you cash for it, what can you do for me? Nothin' cause all the new trucks have this feature. OMG!
I will say, it sure looks good in my driveway, and I'm really glad I kept my beat up 1999 F150, cause that's what I'm mostly driving now.
Anyone know a way to get rid of Advance trak?

Old 11-22-2016, 01:28 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by thompson615
Yay! I got a new Exped EL! Driving down to my favorite fishing spot - yes, it's gonna get a little hairy on the way in, no worries, I've got the new Exped in 4H & I mashed the button that turns off the anti slip. I saw the little symbol & it's showing off - YAY! Ive driven all over my land in my 2000 exped & never had a problem, but just as my new Eped starts into the mud hole, the "skidmarks" show up on my dash. QUICK! mash that button again, I know I turned this thing off, why isn't it off! I can feel that I've just lost power & I know what's gonna happen if I don't have the power to get it on through this hole...... and yes, it happened. Stuck! Stuck! Really Stuck!

Gee thanks advance trak. Apparently, it just turns itself back on when it detects that my wheels are slipping. Hell, I know they're slipping, that's why I turned the thing off before I got started. I now HATE my new truck bc I can't drive it freaking anywhere!! The damn thing won't even let me go up my gravel hill of a driveway. I NEED the power to get up there, especially if it's rained. NOPE, I'm sitting at the bottom of my hill beating on that stupid button that's SUPPOSED to turn this thing off.
SO, I talk to my Ford dealer, tell him my issue - ask if they can just remove this feature. Nope. What do you mean nope! Well it's part of the electronics system & we can't remove it....Can I just have my old 2000 Exped back! Nope, it's gone. Well, I hate this truck! I gave you cash for it, what can you do for me? Nothin' cause all the new trucks have this feature. OMG!
I will say, it sure looks good in my driveway, and I'm really glad I kept my beat up 1999 F150, cause that's what I'm mostly driving now.
Anyone know a way to get rid of Advance trak?
Turning it off requires holding the button for more than 5+ seconds.

Pushing the button and immediately releasing just turns off part of the system.

biz

Old 11-26-2016, 07:27 AM
allagash350
Senior User
I think it shuts off when you're in 4 low. Can't remember though I haven't used it in a while

Old 03-18-2017, 11:57 PM
RainDesert
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by fordmdb
I have agree here on these trucks its plain nonsense imagine trying to cross a busy highway towing a load and tires spin from stop sign and traction control ( computer nanny) steps in and shuts injectors off? aka your stuck in middle of hwy looking at oncoming traffic coming at you...
So when I can get a tune for my new 2017, and I know you're close, can you de-activate the entire traction/stability/AdvanceTrac/RSC control system?