Join Chapter, Leader: sky Cowboy

Discount parts stores in BC

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM
LisaT
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Discount parts stores in BC

What is a place to buy quality parts in BC, but without the price gouging.
The common parts depts such as Lordco are expensive, and seem to have a limited inventory. When asked about a brake master cylinder/booster for my truck, they had none in stock, and seemed doubtful if they can even acquire one for me.
Staff at Canadian Tire seem uneducated, and either respond with its not available, or bring in the wrong parts, as my experience obtaining things there. My last attempt was a heater core for my Dodge, as per usual they brought in the wrong parts for my needs.
Mail order is fine, if priced reasonable, and they ship the correct items.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:42 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
I can't think of any off hand. Nothing in your area comes to mind.

For new parts I deal almost exclusively with Lordco. I buy a lot of stuff from them so normally I get the lowest price someone walking in off the street can get. Most parts if not in stock I can most times have the next day. I deal with one guy behind the counter.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:56 AM
sweetjustice
New User
cash account

I found it's worth taking the ten minutes to set up a Lordco cash account. You don't necessarily get the absolute rock bottom price that Zip does, but it's as much as 50% lower than the counter sale price.

That said, I'm hardly ever in there since discovering Baker Supply, my friendly neighbourhood independent part supplier in town. Cheaper *and* smarter.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM
Zip
FTE Legend
Received 166 Likes on 105 Posts
I don't have the option of a neighbourhood parts place. Heck this town is no bigger than a neighborhood. Lordco normally knocks off 30% at the counter for most people.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:46 PM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
When I need things now, the local napa is good for the service, even bringing things in. When I have time and like to save lots on the larger items, shopping on line is the way to go. Sometimes Alta, sometimes the states, even ebay, more depends on price and shipping tho.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:46 PM
LisaT
Junior User
The tips are good, I will look into opening an account if it offers a discount.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:29 PM
DavidE
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOW DO YOU CONTACT BAKER SUPPLY SJ? Where are they located ? Are they online too? Thanks

Old 02-06-2011, 03:34 PM
sweetjustice
New User
Sorry DE, they're in downtown Nanaimo.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:50 AM
four-sixty-power
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
It depends where you are as to what parts stores you have access to. In chilliwack theres 2 Lordco's, Napa, Fortins, Canadian Tire, tire shops, transmission shops, radiator shops.

Sometimes the specialty shops will have better parts for about the same price as the parts stores.

In Abbotsford I like Wakefield-Sperling, they have a lot of selection, Abbots also has Lordco, napa, cantire.

Mission has lordco, cantire, T&T Autoparts Plus(though its been a awhile I dont know if they are still there,

Check your local phone book, availability limited in your area

Old 02-20-2011, 04:32 PM
disorder
New User
Originally Posted by sweetjustice
I found it's worth taking the ten minutes to set up a Lordco cash account. You don't necessarily get the absolute rock bottom price that Zip does, but it's as much as 50% lower than the counter sale price.

That said, I'm hardly ever in there since discovering Baker Supply, my friendly neighbourhood independent part supplier in town. Cheaper *and* smarter.

Yeh I love Bakers they are way better then CT, Napa and Lordco hands down. Was just in there again yesterday

Old 02-23-2012, 02:07 PM
ryanfrompoco
New User
Originally Posted by LisaT
What is a place to buy quality parts in BC, but without the price gouging.
The common parts depts such as Lordco are expensive, and seem to have a limited inventory. When asked about a brake master cylinder/booster for my truck, they had none in stock, and seemed doubtful if they can even acquire one for me.
Staff at Canadian Tire seem uneducated, and either respond with its not available, or bring in the wrong parts, as my experience obtaining things there. My last attempt was a heater core for my Dodge, as per usual they brought in the wrong parts for my needs.
Mail order is fine, if priced reasonable, and they ship the correct items.
I mean are we talking complete model and year specific 6" lift Kits or just needing a OEM parts since if I need to get alot of hard to find aftermarket stuff I go to Northshore Offroad or Lordco and quality parts tend to be more expensive and others you just pay for the Name and can still not get a quality part..

I would say do alot of research and ask fellow owners where they get their parts and if they have issues getting the normal wear and tear items that should be easily found.

I mean if they do not stock many common F-series and Full sized Bronco parts then that is odd