Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Good media blasting companies puget sound?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 PM
ralphhood3
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good media blasting companies puget sound?

I'm looking to get the cab and doors inside and out media blasted on my 53 f-100 and am wondering if anyone has recommendations for a reputable and affordable media blasting company in the Puget Sound area. Preferably north end like lynnwoood, Everett, marysville area but if I need to drive a bit south to get a quality job done for a reasonable price I wouldnt be against it.

Looking for either sand/glass recommendations or soda, so if you know either type of media blaster in the area let me know. Also, if you have a ballpark on cost for a similar job that'd be helpful too. I realize alll jobs are different, but info on what others have paid for similar jobs at least gets me an idea of what to expect.

Thanks
Ralph

Old 01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Behemoth
Laughing Gas
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
There's a place called CT Specialties down in Tumwater that can do some blasting. I don't know if they use other medias like soda, but I do know they typically use a garnet-walnut shell mix. I had my blasting done there, and they did a pretty good job, but I'd not recommend the garnet-walnut shell mix on larger exterior body panels. That mix causes a fair degree of heat, and can warp the panels. Now, if you have a guy that knows how to angle the gun correctly, so as to remove material, but not create too much heat, then it can be effective....but generally, it's going to be some kid who will aim directly at the metal, create heat, and warp your panel, and make your body working guy happy for the paycheck he's going to get.

For exterior panels, I'd suggest soda blasting, as it's less damaging, and doesn't create as much heat. The down side to this is that it will take more media to get the job done, but if they have a recycling system, that's not a huge issue. It's just the added time you'll be paying for to get the metal clean.

Anyway, at least it's a direction to go, although it doesn't meet your criteria for being up on the north end.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:20 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Here is a place in Marysville...

http://www.ablasterscorp.com/

Old 05-05-2011, 11:21 AM
KrautBurner
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kitsap Powder Coating | Powder coating in Kitsap | Sandblasting Western Washington has a great reputation,

Their services include a full service C-7 certified sandblasting facility as well as a large capacity 25' oven.