Important info for Marketplace Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Important info for Marketplace Forum

Q: How do I post an ad?
A: First, you must have over 5 posts and have been a member for ten days to post a for sale ad, but can reply with fewer posts. The vehicles and parts for sale sections have specific info you must enter in order for your ad to be posted. These typically include year, make, model, color, location and price.
Parts wanted and miscellaneous for sale categories use the same posting methods as the rest of the forums, but please try to be as thorough as possible in describing what you are selling or wanting, prices, location, etc.

Q: How do I add a photo?
A: The fastest and easiest way is to open an account at photobucket.com, or a similar photo hosting site, then copy and paste their [img] link in your ad. At least one decent photo is preferred, but there is such a thing as too many, as people with slower internet connections will have a hard time opening the page.
Try and keep the pictures in the proper context, and remember that chrome and shiny paint reflect, so have your pants on when taking the picture.

Q: How do I edit my ad?
A: Within a certain amount of time, you can edit your post. After this time, if there is incorrect info in the ad, simply use the reply function to add your corrections.

Q: What do I do when I find or sell my item?
A: Please post that your item has sold or been found. If there are a number of people continually asking if your item is still for sale/wanted, then the ad will be locked.

Q: How do I remove my ad?
A: The ads are generally allowed to just drop off the page as new ads are created, but if an ad needs to be removed, contact a moderator or click the "report post" icon in the upper right corner of the post.

Q: How do people contact me about my item?
A: Contact through private messaging in preferred, and posting your e-mail address or phone number in the open forums is generally discouraged.
To enable private messages, you must first have 25 or more posts, then click the "user cp" icon at the left end of the blue bar just above the forum list. Click the "edit options" category, and make sure the options to receive messages from users is selected.

Q: Can I post a reply to a wanted or for sale ad with less than 25 posts?
A: Yes, but do not post in ads where the poster has stated they have found/sold the item, or post in non-relevant threads. Do not piggyback on another user's for sale or wanted thread, those posts will be removed.

Above all, please read and review the guidelines for the site and the specific Marketplace guidelines. The Marketplace guidelines are available in the announcements at the top of this forum, or in this link:
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - Announcements in Forum : Marketplace
Site guidelines are available through the link in my signature.