1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator Discussion

All power door locks dont work

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 PM
cmancinelli
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All power door locks dont work

My power door locks stopped working on my 2001 Ford Expedition. All 4 do not work as well as my key fob and my external keypad. The key works fine and does lock/open the door. I can hear clicking when I push on the butto and can trace the clicking to the anti-theft module under the firewall. When I disconnect the wiring harness from the module, the clicking stops. Fuses look good in both the fuse box under the dash and under the hood. I don’t think it is the relay as (per the owners manual), the relay also works the seats and pedal which work fine. My question is...do you think the module is the problem? If I replace the module, do I need to reprogram the keypad entry code? Help..not sure what this module does..any help is appreciated.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I fish
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a 1999 model, i assume it would be the same for yours

PINPOINT TEST B: THE DOOR LOCKS ARE INOPERATIVE — BOTH SWITCHES

<TABLE border=1 rules=groups cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="96%"><COLGROUP><COLGROUP><TBODY><TR><TH>CON DITIONS </TH><TH>DETAILS/RESULTS/ACTIONS </TH></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B1 CHECK OPERATION OF POWER DOOR LOCKS </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Lock and unlock the doors using the keyless entry remote. When unlocking, make sure the remote button is pushed twice.

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD>
  • Are the power door locks inoperative in both directions?
Yes GO to B2 .

No If only the unlock function operates, GO to B11 . If only the lock function operates, GO to B8 .

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B2 CHECK THE BATTERY JUNCTION BOX FUSE 8 (30A) </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>

</TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD></TD><TD>
  • Is the fuse OK?
Yes REINSTALL fuse 8 (30A). GO to B3 .

No REPLACE fuse 8 (30A). TEST the system for normal operation. If the fuse fails again, CHECK for a short to ground. REPAIR as necessary.

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B3 CHECK POWER DOOR LOCK RELAY GROUND FOR OPEN — CIRCUIT 57 (BK) </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>

</TD><TD vAlign=top>Measure the resistance between all unlock relay connector pin 4, circuit 57 (BK), and ground.

• Is the resistance less than 5 ohms?
Yes GO to B4 .

No REPAIR circuit 57 (BK). TEST the system for normal operation.

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B4 CHECK FOR VOLTAGE TO THE POWER DOOR LOCK RELAY — CIRCUIT 517 (BK/W) </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Measure the voltage between all unlock relay connector pin 1, circuit 517 (BK/W), and ground.

• Is the voltage greater than 10 volts?
Yes GO to B5 .

No REPAIR circuit 517 (BK/W). TEST the system for normal operation.

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B5 CHECK THE POWER DOOR LOCK RELAYS </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Check the all lock and the all unlock power door lock relays; refer to Wiring Diagrams, Component Test Cell 149.

• Are the relays OK?
Yes GO to B6 .

No REPLACE the relay(s) in questions. TEST the system for normal operation.

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B6 CHECK CIRCUIT 118 (PK/O) FOR OPEN </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>

</TD><TD vAlign=top>Measure the resistance between driver unlock relay connector pin 4, circuit 118 (PK/O), and all unlock relay connector pin 3, circuit 118 (PK/O).

Yes GO to B7 .

No REPAIR circuit 118 (PK/O). TEST the system for normal operation.

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B7 CHECK CIRCUIT 117 (PK/BK) FOR OPEN </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>

</TD><TD vAlign=top>Measure the resistance between all lock relay connector pin 30, circuit 117 (PK/BK), and RR door lock actuator C804, circuit 117 (PK/BK).

Yes REFER to Section 501-14B .

No REPAIR circuit 117 (PK/BK). TEST the system for normal operation.

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B8 CHECK FOR VOLTAGE TO THE ALL UNLOCK RELAY — CIRCUIT 517 (BK/W) </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>

</TD><TD vAlign=top>Measure the voltage between all unlock relay connector pin 5, circuit 517 (BK/W), and ground; and between all unlock relay connector pin 1, circuit 517 (BK/W), and ground.

• Are the voltages greater than 10 volts?
Yes GO to B9 .

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B9 CHECK ALL UNLOCK RELAY GROUND CIRCUIT FOR OPEN — CIRCUIT 57 (BK) </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Measure the resistance between all unlock relay connector pin 4, circuit 57 (BK), and ground.

Yes GO to B10 .

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B10 CHECK THE ALL UNLOCK RELAY </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Check the all unlock relay. Refer to Wiring Diagrams, Component Test Cell 149.

• Is the relay OK?
Yes REPAIR circuit 120 (PK/LG). TEST the system for normal operation.

No REPLACE the all unlock relay. TEST the system for normal operation.

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B11 CHECK FOR VOLTAGE TO ALL LOCK RELAY — CIRCUIT 517 (BK/W) </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>

</TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top></TD><TD vAlign=top>Measure the voltage between all lock relay connector pin 86, circuit 517 (BK/W), and ground; and between all lock relay connector pin 87, circuit 517 (BK/W), and ground.

• Are the voltages greater than 10 volts?
Yes GO to B12 .

</TD></TR><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>B12 CHECK ALL LOCK RELAY GROUND FOR OPEN — CIRCUIT 57 (BK) </TD></TR></TBODY><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>

</TD><TD vAlign=top>Measure the resistance between the all lock relay connector pin 4, circuit 57 (BK), and ground.

Yes GO to B13 .

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>