1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

John's F-Fun Hundreds??? Beware

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Paintworks
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John's F-Fun Hundreds??? Beware

I know many of you have had luck with this company and I usually do not post like this. However my experience has been less than pleasant. Long story short, they sent an order for parts three weeks after we left three messages asking to cancel it. (because they don't answer their phone). We returned them 5 weeks ago and have not been able to get a credit. They will not answer their phone nor return any of our messages.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:15 AM
grumpy46
Elder User
if you paid by credit card call the card company. let them deal with it

Old 10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
lowtrkn2k
Elder User
What grumpy46 said. That's the good thing about using a CC.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
A parts house that doesn't answer it's phones??? That would not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about their survival potential.
To add to other's, definitely pay for any mail order with a CC, NOT a debit card, it doesn't carry the same protections.
FYI: the new CC rules are not nearly as protective over internet purchases as they used to be, check the fine print on your agreement. I got into this recently when > 700.00 in unauthorized "subscription" charges for "get rich quick" publications showed up from ~ 10 different companies on my CC bill. The phone numbers for the companies on my CC bill were all disconnected numbers, but the CC company kept insisting I needed to call the companies and cancel the "subscriptions" I never ordered or received, and get refunded from them. The CC company said that they were not responsible for the charges since they were made "online" and they would not reverse them.
I kept telling them I did not order any such subscriptions, never received any publications, and the companies didn't exist! (I had googled all of them and the only hits were from others who were scammed) The CC company and I argued about this for several months.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
54truck
Senior User
I don't bother with them any more they take for ever to send out the parts.
Ive been useing Macs auto parts they are great to deal with and quick sending out the parts.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:36 PM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
It seems like there has been a lot of this stuff lately from a few different vendors. There are lots of parts houses that deal with and cater to these old trucks. With the economy in the shape it's in, there is no doubt that there are less discretionary and recreational dollars out there for these guys to compete for. I'm sure that we're all shopping for the best price and customer service value when we buy parts and it won't be long before the rotten ones have been weeded out. The unfortunate thing about it is that some of us will inevitably get hosed in the process.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:40 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
That's too bad for them as a fellow F100 guy showed me his interior kit from them and I was thinking about ordering one. Now I'll source elsewhere.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:08 AM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Paintworks
I know many of you have had luck with this company and I usually do not post like this. However my experience has been less than pleasant. Long story short, they sent an order for parts three weeks after we left three messages asking to cancel it. (because they don't answer their phone). We returned them 5 weeks ago and have not been able to get a credit. They will not answer their phone nor return any of our messages.

that's rather Odd, dear fellow.
I've had nothing put good dealing w/ John for over 10 years now.
Jane, I believe is the woman's name that has all ways answered when ever I called. So , once again, rather odd if you ask me.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Paintworks
New User
Originally Posted by Col Flashman
that's rather Odd, dear fellow.
I've had nothing put good dealing w/ John for over 10 years now.
Jane, I believe is the woman's name that has all ways answered when ever I called. So , once again, rather odd if you ask me.
Odd indeed. Not to answer or return my calls. It was just a simple return. I didn't even open the products. Like I said I left three messages to cancel the order that they ended up sending anyway. I get the feeling they are just very unorganized.

Irregardless I received a credit from them today. Issue resolved.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
I agree with BlueOvalRage about these parts houses being weeded out. But the ironic thing to me is that they seem to be getting worse with their customer service and a lot of them talk to you like they're doing you a favor. I called one the other day and was giving the lady my order with the parts numbers in hand. I nonchalantly mentioned something like "yeah it's on page __ of your catalog". She immediately smarted off to me and told me that she did not have a catalog and wouldn't know. I just about lost it, but I kept my cool and said "so you guys are taking catalog orders, but yet you don't have a at least one copy of your catalog laying there somewhere?" She smarted off again and said no with a ton of attitude. That's the last I buy from them. If you're in business, you're only as good as the person answering the phone.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Davey J
Freshman User
I am in the UK and have found Johns F-FUN very good so far I have been dealing with Diana. Who has been very helpful.

I will keep using them along with MACS.

Dave....