Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

PA Chapter Member Map *Working Link*

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Diesel 724
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation PA Chapter Member Map *Working Link*

I think we should do what they do in the Ohio Chapter. They use a sticky thread with a google map and every member here can add themselves. I think it would be pretty cool, everyone would know whose close and what not, and it would help arrange get togethers and anything in that order!

**EDIT**
Here is a link to a functional map I made. Everyone add yourselves!! Its private and no one can see unless they have the link!

FTE PA CHAPTER MEMBER MAP

Adding yourself to the map can be done two ways.

You can create your own Google account and then log in and then add yourself to the map. You just need a email address and a password is all , no personal info.

or you can PM me that you want to have me add you to the map with your Address or just your City, and include what you drive.

I, myself just put in a general location of where i live.You can be vague about where you live and still be on the map, this is just to give general location of where we all live, and maybe help with meeting up with others , and heck if someone is passing through , maybe get a hold of each other a for a cold one..

If you do create a account you can email others and they can add themselves..

let me know what you all think and we can go from here and change it accordingly..

Members have to have a Google sign in to edit the map.

Find the general location and right click to add a place mark. When the new box opens, add your Username. Below put your first name and what you drive, and comments if you like then SAVE.

Or if you don't know where your town/city is on the map, type it in the the Google Maps search area. When the location is found, edit the pop up box with your info and SAVE!

You can add anything useful to the map too, Like your favorite specialty parts stores, favorite dealerships for service, anything within reason.

Last edited by Diesel 724; 10-29-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Working Map Link is Up + Instructions.
The following users liked this post:
Old 10-19-2010, 05:02 PM
chazman
Senior User
agree with that

Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
I'm not Scott, but I am trying to figure out how this works. Once I get a functional link to share, I'll post it up.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Diesel 724
Elder User
Try this link! All scott has to do is make it a sticky at the top so everyone can join. i guess all you do is sign in with an email then EDIT, place your marker where you live and click save. No one can see this unless they have the link so dont worry about non FTE members creeping! I added myself to start.
<br><br>

Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

OK - thanks. It was doing something goofy to me last night, so that's why I said what I did. This is probably why they don't let this engineer drive the train...lol.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Diesel 724
Elder User
Awesome Bill, we got it to work!! just gotta get other members to see it and do their work. Im surprised Scott hasnt been here and chimed in! Hes normally on the ball!

Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Oldtrucknut7077
Post Fiend
I have seen your post but at this present moment I'm swamped with work, so hang tight.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Diesel 724
Elder User
No one wants to map themselves? I thought this would be a hot topic. Ohio likes theirs

Old 10-28-2010, 10:15 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

For some reason, I can't mark myself. I don't have edit tools...might be why folks aren't using it.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:51 AM
truknutt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unable to post to the existing map. When I type in my address it brings up an entirely new map to start with. Something needs to be tweaked.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:25 AM
jiveturkey692000
Tuned
I cant see a way to add myself either. I looked the other day and just checked again.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Diesel 724
Elder User
Ok everyone, sorry for that. I just went through the settings and i must have forgot to click "Anyone can edit this map". After the page loads i guess you just click EDIT then find where you are, click the little upside down teardrop and place your location, You can give it a title like your name on here, and what you drive in the info, or anything you want to put really. You can click your teardrop and change the color or logo of it. Make sure you click SAVE before you click done! If you figure out how to do anything else be my guest! Have fun with it!

Let me know if for some odd reason this doesn't work again. Its a new system to me ha.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:06 PM
jiveturkey692000
Tuned
I still dont see a spot to do it, gotta go to work, ill check back later lol

Old 10-29-2010, 04:16 PM
Diesel 724
Elder User
Adding yourself to the map can be done two ways.

You can create your own Google account and then log in and then add yourself to the map, You just need a email address and a password is all , no personal info.

or you can PM me that you want to have me add you to the map with your Address or just your City, and include what you drive.

I, myself just put in a general location of where i live.You can be vague about where you live and still be on the map, this is just to give general location of where we all live, and maybe help with meeting up with others , and heck if someone is passing through , maybe get a hold of each other a for a cold one..

If you do create a account you can email others and they can add themselves..

let me know what you all think and we can go from here and change it accordingly..

Members have to have a Google sign in to edit the map.

Find the general location and right click to add a place mark. When the new box opens, add your Username. Below put your first name and what you drive, and comments if you like then SAVE.

Or if you don't know where your town/city is on the map, type it in the the Google Maps search area. When the location is found, edit the pop up box with your info and SAVE!

You can add anything useful to the map too, Like your favorite specialty parts stores, favorite dealerships for service, anything within reason.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:56 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

It worked for me that time.

Quick Reply: PA Chapter Member Map *Working Link*