6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Rudy's Performance Diesel Durham NC.

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:55 AM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rudy's Performance Diesel Durham NC.

http://www.rudysdiesel.com/

Where do I start.....

I have spent the last month researching and obsessing over how and who I was gonna get to not only fix but upgrade my 04 6.0 with all the standard "Gremlins" all 6 uh0 owners face at 1 time or another....

Shawn at Liberator , Craig at MPD , Eric at Innovative.... Talked to them all , BUT it only took 1 phone call to Rudy's to know that this was the company I HAD TO DEAL WITH !!!!! Aaron and all of his employees are AMAZING !! Their customer service is without a doubt the BEST I have ever expierienced with any product or service I've ever attempted to use !

I'm a real PITA customer,I'm OCD like a MUG , I ask a million questions , I call way to much , I ask the same questions over and over because my organizational skills are lacking .... Not 1 time has Aaron or any of his other guys made me feel like I was bothering them , and only seemed concerned with what they could do to earn my business and make me happy with their service!!!!

They have my truck now which I drove 3 hours to drop off on Sat. which consequently is a closed day for them and they were late to an event just to meet me for the drop off!!!!

I'll report back with the quality of their workmanship once I pick up my truck but I have ZERO concerns that it will be anything less than top notch due to the caliber of people they are !!!

USE THIS COMPANY !! There aren't many out there like em !!

Chris

Old 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Ian123
Posting Guru
Good to hear! I'm about 4 hours away but I see lots of trucks with Rudy's stickers on them. They must be good if people are traveling that far.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:16 PM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
UPDATE !!!

I'm just home from picking up my truck from Rudys...

Appx 250 miles and my Insight is AWESOME !!!! All my readings are as they should be with the exeption of my Fuel Pressure being borderline ?(47.5-49 psi) I'm thinking the "blue spring" will take Care of that ? Delta - avg. 4-7 degrees...

The SCT even with canned tunes (going to save my change for Innovative tunes) is absolutely ridiculous... The power and the shift firmness is HUGE!!!!

CANNOT say enough about these guys installs were CLEAN! No hanging wires, everything looks top notch!!!

As an added bonus did I mention It was DYNO day at the shop and I watched Rudys daily driver (6.4 " Slightly modded) go 999.92 RWHP)..... His drag truck is somewhere around 1400 I believe...

USE THESE GUYS!!!! You won't be sorry......

Old 10-29-2011, 07:36 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
How much???

What all did you have done???

Old 10-29-2011, 07:47 PM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
Originally Posted by BLADE35
How much???

What all did you have done???
EGR Delete
Factory oil cooler
Arp studs
Factory head gaskets
New HPOP
New IPR
Cleaned turbo
All new IC boots
Edge insight w/pod
Add on EGT , fuel pressure,oil pressure sensors "daise chained" w/aes ready for upgrades
SCT (waiting for Innovative tunes)
All factory gaskets
Oil change / coolant flush

$5550 out the door....

Old 10-29-2011, 07:55 PM
BLADE35
Hotshot
Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by EXbowtieguy
EGR Delete
Factory oil cooler
Arp studs
Factory head gaskets
New HPOP
New IPR
Cleaned turbo
All new IC boots
Edge insight w/pod
Add on EGT , fuel pressure,oil pressure sensors "daise chained" w/aes ready for upgrades
SCT (waiting for Innovative tunes)
All factory gaskets
Oil change / coolant flush

$5550 out the door....

Man Thats AWESOME should have a dependable truck fot along time to come

I have seen folks come on here that paid more for alot less and still had a broke truck
Definatly worth it to do your reaserch if you have to have a shop do the work

whats this I understand daisy chain not the rest the aes part
"daise chained" w/aes ready for upgrades

Old 10-29-2011, 07:56 PM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
I can already tell the Insight CTS is something I'm gonna truly enjoy ;-)

Old 10-29-2011, 08:07 PM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
Originally Posted by BLADE35
Man Thats AWESOME should have a dependable truck fot along time to come

I have seen folks come on here that paid more for alot less and still had a broke truck
Definatly worth it to do your reaserch if you have to have a shop do the work

whats this I understand daisy chain not the rest the aes part
"daise chained" w/aes ready for upgrades
The AES system basically is the daisy chain it's just not "rigged"... It's an add on type system so when I'm ready for say their turbo timer I just plug it in put on the end cap and wire whatever add on appropriately it's basically way to daisy chain (at a cost of $129 ???) not including the extra sensors , just the cable to plug them into.

Old 10-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Powerstroke_wannabe
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's a very good price for the amount of work they did. Did they lift the body or pull the engine?

I would have been tempted to add a powermaxx turbo and 155 cc injectors while they were in there.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:45 PM
smokersteve
Posting Guru
wow 5,500 is lower than what I expected!

Old 10-30-2011, 06:04 AM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
Originally Posted by Powerstroke_wannabe
That's a very good price for the amount of work they did. Did they lift the body or pull the engine?

I would have been tempted to add a powermaxx turbo and 155 cc injectors while they were in there.
Cab off.... I'd like the turbo and inj too but was out of $$ for the time... I can do those from the top when I save a few more bucks.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:39 AM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
Forgot one othe thing that speaks volumes about their customer service...

They had a slip while putting the cab back on which damaged the front plastic cap of my factory running boards, Aaron called me at 9pm frantic (over something I would have never noticed ) wondering what he had to do just to make it right because that's how they do business. In the end he ended up installing a set of "take off" pair of stock Nerf bars off of his personal 09 truck and they look awesome !

Old 10-30-2011, 11:41 AM
smokersteve
Posting Guru
wow. I hope that rudys's performance can follow through with the effort to your customer service that he has given you.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Powerstroke_wannabe
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by EXbowtieguy
Forgot one othe thing that speaks volumes about their customer service...

They had a slip while putting the cab back on which damaged the front plastic cap of my factory running boards, Aaron called me at 9pm frantic (over something I would have never noticed ) wondering what he had to do just to make it right because that's how they do business. In the end he ended up installing a set of "take off" pair of stock Nerf bars off of his personal 09 truck and they look awesome !
Wow. That's unheard of in my experience. Thanks for taking the time to post your great experience. We like to beat up service providers when things go south and it's nice to see people post their positive experiences as well. I'm sure Rudy's bussiness will benefit. Can't beat word of mouth advertising.

I hear you on the $$ for the turbo and injectors. That would have added another $4K - $4.5k to the cost. We can still dream.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:34 PM
EXbowtieguy
Senior User
Originally Posted by Powerstroke_wannabe
Wow. That's unheard of in my experience. Thanks for taking the time to post your great experience. We like to beat up service providers when things go south and it's nice to see people post their positive experiences as well. I'm sure Rudy's bussiness will benefit. Can't beat word of mouth advertising.

I hear you on the $$ for the turbo and injectors. That would have added another $4K - $4.5k to the cost. We can still dream.
I agree so just an update..... Per my latest thread I came up with some type of oil leak which hopefully has been taking care of but through it all, Aaron, along with all the pros on this site have proven to be unbelievably AWESOME

SInce last night when i found the leak at around 9 pm all the way through this morning Aaron has texted,called,andchecked with his techs to help walk me through trouble shooting my issue(KEEP IN MIND THEY ARE CLOSED ON WEEKENDS). He was either going to get my truck towed to him(200+ miles) or send a tech to me to resolve my issue if i wasnt able to take care of it. Hopefully its taken care of but if its not ive got no worrys that Im not in the right hands....

This shop is UNBELEVABLE

Quick Reply: Rudy's Performance Diesel Durham NC.