View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 09:10 PM
79 Crewcab 4x4
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 1979 F250 body swap to 96 frame....

Just spent an hour searching for info on this, and all I can find are guys that want to do it, then a bunch of guys telling them why they wouldn't. Was in the middle of taking the old motor out of my 1979 Crewcab 4x4 on a 1974 frame to put a 97 powerstroke back in BUT... my frame isn't worth working with (many reasons) and finding another around here won't happen so.....

The diesel donor truck is a 97 F-Superduty (96 body style with 10 bolt wheels) cab and chassis 2wd. I've figured since the diesel is at home there, the body swap will be the better way to go. The axles would be getting swapped out, that's not my issue. However, what I am looking for is info from people who have actually done a similar swap. I know I will be making all new body mounts. What problems did you run into that might save a guy some time and effort? What did you do that you would do again differently?

Please... not looking for reasons I should put a Cummins in or whatever, just looking for info that will help or save time.