Old 02-18-2009, 02:48 AM
arctic_driver
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome, Thanks again.

After a further, deeper and more complete examination I have discovered that the electrical bulkhead fitting and/or o-ring to the solenoid is NOT what is leaking after all. Turns out there is a fracture in the transmission case just above where that electrical bulkhead is. You cannot see it without a mirror and a really bright but small light that can fit way up in there to get direct light on it. The crack is about 3/4 inch long by 1/8 inch wide with a small "shard" of metal case still hanging off of where is ruptured. Don't know any other way of describing it.

I started the truck, drove it back and forth a few times then got out and looked at the crack. Sure enough that is where the leak is coming from. No mistaking it. The fluid is pouring out of the crack and pooling down around the electrical bulkhead fitting making it appear like the leak is coming from that fitting.

Good News. I still have 19 days left on my extended Power-Train warrantee and dealership said they would cover either a new case or remanufactured transmission. God Bless them.

Hope this helps someone else as much as you all have helped me. God Bless all of you too!