Old 12-22-2008, 02:15 AM
dahr85
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
As long as they're reading at or above 0.1 ohms you should be fine. Unless you've had trouble starting in what we call cold, or have been having lots of white smoke after start up, I'd leave the glow plugs alone. I've never replaced mine.

Looks like the connector was just starting to work it's way loose on that side since you plugging it back in got the readings closer together. Now just get the other side off and see what that looks like.
Chris,

I finally got in from working on my truck. Not a great day to work on the truck (34 degrees with a nice wind, who would have thought in Texas right?). Anyways, everything is back together. I used the quarter as you suggested and it holds the connector nice and snug in there. Thanks for that tip. I would strongly recommend this method for anyone else who is having this problem.

When I had the passenger valve cover off (and by the way Chris, I think you're on your own when you say the passenger side is easier, i had a hell of a time ), I took some video of what the problem looks like and how the quarter is used to fix the problem. I will post this video on YouTube within the next couple of days so that people with similar problems can see how the connector was loose and how the quarter helps keep it snug.

I haven't taken her out for a spin yet because it's 1:30 in the morning, but I will first thing in the morning. All I know is the "Service Engine Soon" light didn't come on as it was idling in my driveway. I hope the test drive turns out well tomorrow.

Here is a picture of my quarter in the connector (a Texas quarter by the way ). Hey, what can I say, I love Texas!

Name:  UVCH1.jpg
Views: 24583
Size:  49.2 KB

I will post my driving results tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the great advice!

Darren