Old 07-04-2014, 05:22 AM
dylansf23
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk
Service bed dually?
Wouldn't that be a C&C?
If so, the rear spring perches will be too close together for your pickup frame

Dual calipers are all the same, rear shoes could be different widths.
(12 x 3 or 3 1/2")
10.25" full floaters are much easier to deal with, as the drums slide right off.

350's just have higher lift blocks in the rear, Plus springs, depending on GVW...
But their solid front axle is much easier to lift without all the alignment issues involved with the TTB front end.

Personally, if you are swapping engines and both axles I think it would be easier to just swap your body onto a solid 350 chassis.
You could then take the time to clean up the frame, do the lift, whatever.
The VIN comes with your cab, so there should be no title issues.
i think its a shortbed,but havent gotten around to a reply yet. so im not sure.

i know of the different widths on the brake shoes. they are 20$ on rock auto so not worried about that lol.

yes my dana 61 is pretty stout but cant really change gears and its open. most 10.25 are atleast limited.

as for lift, the arched springs and sas would give me the lift i want, and then blocks/ shackle flip in the rear would give me the lift in the back along with a better then heavy duty f150 gvw
i also want the solid axles/ shackle flip so i can get some better off road ability, this is going to be a toy hauler that can handle itself. it wont have more then 6" of lift. hopefully about 4" plus the lift i get from 36" tires

i built another motor and its the same as the stock one in my truck, i love my truck, but i want better axles. this is a slow restomod.

if im lucky, i can swap axles while i have the motor and tranny out...man that would make life easy, dont think funds are available for that though.

my truck was a show truck for awhile and it showed it. but the motor got weak and i need a new tranny so i decided zf5 and build my motor.

a front dana 60 goes for 1k plus around here and have decades of sitting in the weeds on them. hence the donor truck idea.