View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 01:32 AM
dylansf23
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
f350 donor truck?

i have a 86 f250 and im putting a new motor and trans in shortly. im itching to get a lift now.
should i get a 80's (85.5+ bullnose) or should i get a newer one to steal axles from?

how hard is the axle swap? ive seen a few people say its pretty easy, but you need to get new bushings through out.

im thinking of putting my ttb into the f350 and abusing it( since i dont want a good truck, aka rotted/busted body/etc)

my only issue, is finding one! they are way harder to find then i ever imagined.

i have found a cclb with a 460 and c6 that "needs work" and is pretty beat up 89 ish? 2k 0b0
and a 86 service bed dualy with a rebuilt diesel 80k ago. that guy might be fun to have after wards, throw a flattie on it and keep her with the ttb? 3k obo

i want the lift because i want my old tires back (36 hmmv) and i want a small lift/ sas from a donor is cheapest
plus my open rear sucks in the wet sand on the beach. hence the front and back swap.

are brake pads and drum rebuilds the same between ttb and solid? and a 10.25/dana 60?