View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 01:04 AM
88/90f-250IDI
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the world of bio-diesel

I would first like to introduce myself to the lookers of this thread. My name is shawn and I have recently bought my first idi diesel. Its an 85 f-250 with a 7.3 out of an 88 truck. I have been debating for a while on trying to make bio-diesel for my truck being as my father in law bought an entire system off of the internet a couple of years ago. He started to make it and use it in his cummins 3500 24 valve. Something about the fuel messed up the ip and he has not used the system since. But he does have a lot of virgin veggie oil and other chemicals for making it. I was wondering as I have been reading though this forum, which of the 2 forms of bio-diesel is best, the veggie oil kind or the kind made from motor oil. Also I was hoping to get some information as to anything that I need to do before starting a project such as converting to this kind of fuel. I have already gotten some good information such as making a separate fuel system and what not. Any information would be helpful. Thx