Old 09-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Piston Honda
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie 85 f250 frame off resto (Image Heavy)

A little history of the truck. The truck was a farm truck for the first 18 years of its life, so it's been worked. 88,000 original miles but looked like 388,000. My father inlaw bought it and let it sit like all of his other vehicles. He needed a place to park it, so it ended up in my yard. I used this truck when going to the dump and picking up material while renovating my house about six or seven years ago. I was driving it in a snow storm approaching a red light when the brake pedal went to the floor. So with no brakes there it sat for a year until he came and brought it to his new residence. It sat again until june of this year. I was looking to buy a truck when he suggested that i put some work into the 85. I knew this truck needed a ton of work and was reluctant to try and fix it. I had never attempted this much work to a vehicle. The price was right so I decided to bring her back to life!

I have begun assembling the chassis and have taken quite a few pics along the way. I'll post a few a day to get everyone up speed if anyone is interested in seeing a newbie trying his hand at a frame off.