View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:15 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,889 Likes on 1,140 Posts
Originally Posted by sean23johnson
Awesome!!!! Thank you guys for the info.

My original thought was to save some money on the system but also to keep the system extremely simple. But I have always liked the idea of a separate system for the vo so if anything happened I could switch to d2 and get home.

Jason, that answers my email that I sent you earlier. I want to start collecting parts and building a custom heated tank (im a welder by trade).

What FPR do you reccomend??

Thanks
Sean
Here's some part#'s/sources for ya to chew on:
Pump:
New Fuel Pump Installation Kit Ford Pickup Van 7 3L Diesel E2236 | eBay

FPR:
Magnafuel 2 Port EFI Regulator Boost Ref MP 9925 B | eBay

Fittings for FPR:
(1) of these - JEGS Performance Products 100581 JEGS AN Male to Hose Barb Adapters
(2) of these - JEGS Performance Products 100107 JEGS AN to NPT Adapter Fittings
(2) of these - 104-0606C | 3/8" Hose Barb x 3/8" NPTF Female Pipe (Brass) 104

Pre-pump filter: (O'Riellys can get this for ya)
Wix 33972 & Napa 3972 Fuel Filter: FleetFilter Secure Online Store

As far as the tank goes, I prefer a 'heated sump' design. The idea is to heat a small amount of oil where it will be sucked out of the tank. The problems with heating the whole tank include expedited polymerization rate, increased condensation and obviously its just terribly inefficient. The typical 'heated pick-ups' are heating a column of oil, then pulling the coldest oil in the column from the bottom of the tank. A heated sump with limited communication to the main tank can primarily heat a much smaller volume of fuel, while heating the oil in the tank above it enough to allow it to run into the sump in the coldest weather.

Feel free to shoot me an email or gimme a call/txt if ya wanna discuss what you come up with.