View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by kylebryan
3. if my truck is currently filled with mercon SP would it be ok to top it off with Mercon LV?
Yes you can, the fluids are compatible.

Originally Posted by TheDieselStop
From Ford Tech Service bulletin Sep/Oct 2009:

Untitled Document

Tech tips

Approval to Service ALL 5R110 Automatic Transmissions with MERCONŽ LV

Beginning immediately ALL (2003 to 2010 MY) 5R110 automatic transmissions can be serviced with MERCONŽ LV automatic transmission fluid in place of MERCONŽ SP.

Initially only the 2009/10MY 5R110 automatic transmissions were filled and serviced with MERCONŽ LV. In an effort to reduce complexity, Ford Motor Company is allowing all previous model year 5R110 automatic transmissions to be serviced with MERCONŽ LV automatic transmission fluid. This pertains to top off as well as fluid replacement. Mixing of MERCONŽ LV and MERCONŽ SP in the 5R110 transmission is acceptable. Extensive testing has been performed to insure there are no functional or durability concerns with the use of MERCONŽ LV in the 5R110 automatic transmission.

Vehicles affected are F-Series Super Duty trucks (including chassis cab, motorhome, LCF).

Motorcraft MERCONŽ LV is now available in three sizes:
Part Number: XT-10-QLVC - 1 quart
Part Number: XT-10-DLV - 55 gallon drum
Part Number: XT-10-BLV - Bulk

Further information can be found in the Workshop Manual, Section 307-1, Automatic Transmission
Can be found HERE.