View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 11:41 AM
samsdad02
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by goldenfuel
A federal standard requiring all utilities to obtain 25 percent of their electricity from renewable energy sources by 2025 would create 297,000 new domestic jobs and save consumers $64.3 billion in lower electricity and natural gas bills, according to a new analysis from the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) released today. The analysis also found that this renewable electricity standard would generate $13.5 billion in new income for farmers, ranchers and rural landowners, and reduce global warming pollution by 277 million metric tons a year by 2025, the equivalent of the annual output of 70 new, average-size, coal-fired power plants.

the problem is the 297k new jobs would have to be taxpayer subsidized just like all other "renewable energy sources".

coming up with "new renewable energy sources" cost money which the energy producers pass on to consumers which would cause energy costs to GO UP not down.

the fact they mention farmers and ranchers tells me they mean ethanol which takes 1.5 gallons of gas to produce 1 gallon of a lower energy content than gas ethanol. which causes me to fill up more often because I get fewer mpg which increases (as if I care) my "carbon footprint".

the need for more corn means more synthetic fertilizer getting washed into the water ways means more pollution.

my point is THE GOVERNMENT NEVER EVER EVER HAS THE ANSWER. THE GOVERNMENT COULD F UP A DATE WITH HOOKER!