Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   6.0L Power Stroke Diesel (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum107/)
-   -   Dieselsite coolant filter warning/fix (with pics) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1014875-dieselsite-coolant-filter-warning-fix-with-pics.html)

Beachbumcook 12-06-2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jayybird (Post 9648372)
You are the man ZMANN,
THANKS!!

I just called my local stealer and that heater control valve assembly is $76. I think I will save a few bucks and try the diesel site one.

THanks again!

Do a google search for a Ford dealer in Michigan who has a very extensive on-line parts website and inventory. The name of the dealer is Royal Oak Ford in Royal Oak, MI.

I do not have their website handy right now as I am on my lap top traveling and on a flight at 30,000 feet surfing the internet (how cool is that)!!!

Royal Oak Ford sells parts at or below most dealers "fleet pricing" and I always print off their website pricing and then go to my local dealer and ask them to match it... and they do!!! This way I get the part now, it's a Motorcraft part... and I do not have to pay shipping or wait for it.

Give it a try and check them out... even call them and get a price and part number over the phone... but my local Ford dealer has NEVER given me a hard time when I asked (you just have to ask)... as I am comparing "apples to apples"... another Ford delaer selling Ford parts... veruss they're trying to sell me a part at "full retail"... com-on guys.... and they will reduce their price... if not, finid another dealer or order from Royal Oak Ford.

The internet has placed the "power" into the hands of the people!!!!

Good luck,

Zmann 12-06-2010 12:24 PM

Cool http://www.fordpartswebsite.com/

plomerostroker 12-06-2010 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by bismic (Post 9647056)
Lowes. It was quite a bit more expensive than on-line though. It was $7.
1"x1/2"x1"

not trying to be a jerk, the tee is called a 1x1x1/2 pex tee. That is how it is read in plumbing talk. a 1x1/2x1 would have the out let side as 1" and the top 1/2. just so every one knows. so make sure you ask for a 1''x1''x 1/2" pex tee so you get the right one.

Zmann 12-06-2010 05:01 PM

I was going to mention that factoid ,, I was pulling fittings when I was 17 I know more plumbing terms for fittings of all kinds than I can forget in a lifetime lol

then I had the misfortune to turd heard for years after that

I don't miss it,, my venture wasn't very fun but I did learn allot between running gas,waste,drains,water, grease traps ,interceptors, condensate ,ABS, Cast ,copper ,galvy,black ,pex never , ETC

and don't need a plumber for anything now

but god love the profession

bismic 12-06-2010 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by plomerostroker (Post 9650152)
not trying to be a jerk, the tee is called a 1x1x1/2 pex tee. That is how it is read in plumbing talk. a 1x1/2x1 would have the out let side as 1" and the top 1/2. just so every one knows. so make sure you ask for a 1''x1''x 1/2" pex tee so you get the right one.

Thanks for the correction, I guess I was just looking for the right tee visually - the actual terminology didn't seem all that crucial ..........

(but it is good to know)

slowmans 12-07-2010 10:59 AM

Anyone know if the same tee is used on the 6.4?

Jayybird 12-09-2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by bismic (Post 9647056)
Lowes. It was quite a bit more expensive than on-line though. It was $7.
1"x1/2"x1"

Thanks Bismic, sorry to keep beating on this. I looked on Lowe's website and found a Vanguard 1" x 1" x 1/2" Brass Crimp Tee.

Is that the samething you used, the only reason I am questioning it is it says "CRIMP" tee..just want to make sure I am getting the correct piece.

Thanks

bpounds 12-09-2010 11:40 AM

Should be this one:
Shop Vanguard 1" x 1" x 1/2" Brass Crimp Tee at Lowes.com

They have an incorrect image, but the description is correct. PEX fittings are crimp assembled.

rocky1074 12-09-2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by bpounds (Post 9663354)
Should be this one:

They have an incorrect image, but the description is correct. PEX fittings are crimp assembled.

You are right the image is incorrect looks like 1/2"x1/2"x1"

Heckler 12-20-2010 01:12 PM

What size fittings are you all using when building a tee? I cant seem to find the 1 piece pex fittings anywhere.

I tried to tap the aluminum part with a 1/8 npt and hose barb but it leaks through the threads, even with teflon tape, dont think the aluminum is thick enough to get enough threads to make a good seal.. Now im stuck...

bpounds 12-20-2010 01:23 PM

Judging from the picture in the opening post, there should be plenty of wall thickness to tap 1/8 NPT. Do you think you went a little too deep with the tap?

Anyway, the hose sizes are 3/4 and 3/8, so those are the barb fittings you would need. I think there is a pic above of the dfuser assembly which should help.

rocky1074 12-20-2010 01:25 PM

Lowe's Has them. That's where I purchased mine 6.48

Heckler 12-20-2010 01:53 PM

Thanks for the info.. Not sure whats going on but I didnt run the tap very deep at all, I wanted to keep the end of the nipple from restricting. Its not leaking a lot... but it's leaking.

I went to 2 local lowes and none of them had that size...

Zmann 12-20-2010 01:58 PM

ace hardware had them for me when lowes and HD did not

High Binder 12-22-2010 06:26 PM

Bump for the new guy who just did an install